Why is NeoGraft so popular as a hair restoration treatment?
Our patients love NeoGraft because it is:
- Natural looking
- Minimally invasive approach (no incisions, no staples)
- No scarring (which means an option to have short hair)
- Can camouflage scarring (to correct problems from previously performed transplants using older techniques)
- Minimal downtime (patients typically go back to work the next day)
The medical experts at Solano Plastic Surgery understand why so many of our patients are interested in hair transplantation. A lush head of hair is traditionally considered a sign of virility in men and femininity in women.
Unfortunately, genetics, ageing, trauma, and other factors can rob people of their crowning glory. Thanks to advancements in 21st Century hair transplantation techniques, however, no one has to feel self-conscious about thinning hair.
Why Solano Plastic Surgery For Your Hair Transplant?
The results of any cosmetic procedure, including hair restoration with NeoGraft, rest in the hands of the person performing the procedure. At Solano Plastic Surgery, those hands belong to trained hair transplant specialists working under the supervision of Dr Brian Klink and Dr Jonathan Sykes.
Dr Klink is a leading plastic cosmetic specialist in the community who has earned the respect of his peers and the enthusiasm of his patients. He began practicing 23 years ago. Dr Klink performs surgery on the face and body.
Dr Sykes is internationally recognized as a leader in the latest techniques in facial plastic surgery. He has performed over 20,000 aesthetic, functional and reconstructive procedures since he began practicing 32 years ago. Dr Skyes has trained over 300 surgeons and given over 1400 talks internationally on facial plastic surgery techniques.
From your initial hair transplant consultation through your recovery and follow-up, Solano doctors and technicians are your partners, there to ensure that your well-being comes first.
NeoGraft vs Old Hair Transplant Solutions
When hair loss is irreversible and new hair growth is impossible due to permanent damage to the scalp or follicles, hair transplantation procedures are the answer. Before you decide on a solution, however, you should be familiar with the different medical solutions that are available to treat thinning hair.
- Scalp Reduction Surgery – Performed on the crown and the top of the head where hair is thin, this surgery removes the hairless area. The remaining hair-bearing scalp is stretched over to cover and replace the removed patch.This approach is one of the earliest methods of hair transplant. It is seldom used today because of the development of more advanced, precise, and effective alternatives.
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) Surgery – Recommended for its ability to make hair look and grow in a natural way, FUT has been the leading hair transplant procedure for the past few decades. Donor strips are taken from areas of high growth and transplanted.The downside of this approach is that it can leave a linear scar.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) – FUE hair transplants are less invasive than scalp reduction surgery and don’t leave a linear scar the way FUT treatment can. There is less bleeding, no balding strip, and a more natural appearance overall. Additionally, FUE allows hair transplant patients to retain more flexibility over the way they wear their hair.Until quite recently, this procedure was performed manually. Now, at Solano Plastic Surgery, we are pleased to offer our patients the most advanced method of automated hair transplantation using NeoGraft. With NeoGraft, individual hair follicles are extracted from the back or side of the head and grafted to areas lacking in hair. The automation makes the process efficient and extremely precise.
6 Reasons Why NeoGraft Is So Popular
A full head of hair represents attractiveness and desirability both personally and professionally, yet millions of people suffer due to male/female pattern baldness and thinning hair. Until recently, the most popular solutions (FUT hair transplant and hair transplant surgery) exposed patients to problems including:
- Loss of feeling at the incision site
- Linear scar
- Post-operative pain
- Slow recovery
That’s why our technicians perform hair transplantation using the follicular unit extraction (FUE) method and the automated power of NeoGraft. Solano Plastic Surgery’s expert team of hair restoration experts appreciate that this leading edge approach to hair loss offers these benefits:
- Natural looking results
- Least invasive approach (no incisions, no staples)
- No scarring (which means an option to have short hair)
- Scar camouflage (to correct problems from previously performed transplants)
- Minimal downtime (patients typically go back to work the next day)
NeoGraft is the only FUE harvesting system on the market today, and we are very proud to have it at Solano Plastic Surgery. During a comprehensive consultation, the surgeons at our office examine patients and talk with them one-on-one to determine whether their hair problems can be solved with a non-surgical hair transplant using NeoGraft.
Trained technicians who specialize in using NeoGraft for hair restoration perform the procedure itself. They harvest the grafts and place them under the supervision of Dr Klink and Dr Sykes.
Is NeoGraft Right For You?
Men can begin to develop signs of male pattern baldness in their twenties, and hair loss can begin at any time in their adult lives. For women, hair loss is usually more of a thinning or diffuse pattern and often appears as they reach the age of 55-60. Hair loss can be a problem for people of any age, however, depending on its cause.
If you are considering a non-surgical hair transplant at our plastic surgery practice, you should
- Be in good health
- Have moderate hair loss
- Have sufficient donor hair on the back of the scalp to transplant
Men and women with greater hair density and fullness in donor areas can typically expect fuller results in hair transplant treatment areas.
The hair transplant experts at Solano Plastic Surgery talk with patients to determine whether their cosmetic goals are reasonable. While a non-surgical hair transplant can produce very good, natural results, it will not make you look like a teenager again.
“State Of The Art” Solution For Hair Loss
NeoGraft is the first FDA-cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system, and we are delighted to have this unsurpassed technology available at our plastic surgery practice. It delivers automation of the FUE technique, the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry, giving our medical experts the tools they need to deliver optimal results.
NeoGraft uses pneumatic controls to extract complete individual hair follicles with unparalleled precision. These follicles can then immediately be transplanted to the selected areas of the scalp.
NeoGraft provides absolute exact harvesting and placement, delivering repeatable results. With NeoGraft’s technology each follicle is removed individually while the patient is comfortable. A natural looking head of hair is created with this minimally invasive procedure.
NeoGraft Hair Restoration FAQs
What Is NeoGraft Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)? – NeoGraft is an automated hair transplant system. It allows technicians to harvest hair follicles in a precise way, dramatically improving the accuracy and speed over previously used manual extraction instruments.
What is an FUE hair transplant? – FUE stands for “Follicular-Unit Extraction.” It is an advanced, minimally invasive hair transplant method. With FUE, individual hair follicles are harvested from the donor area without a scalpel. There is no incision or stitching, and therefore no linear scar.
What are the main benefits of FUE vs FUT (or strip) Hair Transplant? – FUE transplants heal faster and more comfortably than strip harvest techniques. With FUE, once healing is complete, the patient has the option of wearing a very short haircut without the worry of a telltale linear scar. Since it is a non-surgical solution, downtime is shorter with fewer activity restrictions than with FUT hair transplants.
What are some benefits of NeoGraft over manual FUE techniques? – NeoGraft is a highly ergonomic mechanical system. It is designed to work as a natural extension of the technician’s hand, allowing for faster and more accurate harvesting of hair follicles.
At Solano Plastic Surgery, we use NeoGraft to help patients reach their goal with less time in the procedure room and/or fewer FUE procedures altogether.
Who performs this procedure at Solano Plastic Surgery?
Hair transplant is a cooperative effort involving our doctor’s and our NeoGraft technicians. Dr Klink and Dr Sykes consult with patients using their medical expertise and training to develop an optimal treatment plan. Then, on procedure day, our skilled transplant technician’s harvest and place the grafts under the direct and watchful supervision of our surgeons.
Our technicians have performed thousands of grafts, giving them unsurpassed experience and expertise.
How are the results of FUE/NeoGraft hair transplant different than those achieved with strip surgery?
Results are similar, but the FUE process is more patient-friendly. The difference is not in the area of hair growth, but rather in how the donor area is harvested. The difference in harvesting makes a difference in recovery, scarring, and natural looking results.
Is NeoGraft hair transplantation suitable for men and women?
Yes. NeoGraft is a minimally invasive procedure viable for both men and women who want to restore living and growing hair with non-surgical transplantation.
Will I end up with a ‘buzz cut’ after a NeoGraft procedure?
When a patient’s donor hair is long enough, harvesting with NeoGraft can be accomplished by simply shaving small areas of the scalp, which can be covered by other, existing hair. If you wear your hair short, it helps to shave it close for maximum yield. This will also help your transplant look natural sooner as the transplanted grafts are short as well.
How to Prepare for Your NeoGraft Hair Restoration
Modeled on recommendations from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons regarding preparations for hair transplant surgery, the team that performs NeoGraft non-surgical hair transplants at our practice give our patients specific instructions about preparing for their procedure.
- Adjustments in lifestyle – For example, patients should refrain from smoking for eight weeks prior to their procedure.
- Adjustments in medications – Some prescription drugs, over-the-counter vitamins, and nutritional supplements should be discontinued, especially those that may affect blood flow and healing.
- Advance preparation for the day of your procedure. For example, arrangements for someone to escort you home, someone to pick up medication, etc.
What Should I Expect on Hair Transplant Day?
You can expect to be treated like the V.I.P. (Very Important Patient) that you are to us. The moment you arrive for your non-surgical hair transplant, we’ll ensure that all your needs are taken care of, medical and emotional, too.
Change, even for the better, can be daunting, but you can relax at Solano Plastic Surgery. Our medical team and support staff are there for you. Our patients are delighted that this is an in-office, outpatient procedure that requires no hospital stay.
On the day of your procedure, you’ll fill out a few final forms, have some pictures taken for before-and-after comparison, and meet with your doctor and the expert NeoGraft technician who will perform the transplant. At this time, you will review the procedure details including
- Number of hair follicles to be extracted
- Number of hair shafts contained in the follicles
- Thickness of the shafts
- Site of transplantation
- Density of transplantation
- Orientation of the hair shafts
You will also have a chance to ask any last minute questions.
When it’s time for your procedure to begin, you will be offered sedation to help you relax. Many patients are content to remain fully alert during their hair restoration treatment. A local anesthetic is administered to ensure your comfort, and then the four-step process begins:
- Donor Hair Removal – Each follicle is meticulously harvested as it naturally grows and will be implanted individually to ensure best results. NeoGraft works as an extension of the technician’s hand and allows donor hair to be removed faster and with more consistency and precision than would be possible with the human hand alone.Donor hair is generally taken from the back of the scalp. Those hairs are immune to the effects of DHT, the hormone responsible for male pattern baldness.
- Dissection of the Follicular Units – NeoGraft’s accuracy helps our technicians ensure that each graft is extracted with the same consistency in diameter and length. This level of automated consistency helps us achieve a dramatically increased take rate.
- Creation of the Recipient Sites – This is the most critical step in a hair transplant procedure. It calls for medical skill and aesthetic expertise. The hair restoration technicians at our practice are highly experienced in non-surgical hair restoration with the NeoGraft. They are gifted at creating recipient sites at the proper angle, direction and orientation to yield beautiful, natural-looking results.
- Placement of the Hair Graft – The final step of the procedure is to transplant the grafts into the balding and thinning areas of your scalp.
A typical FUE hair restoration procedure done manually can take up to 8 hours. This is challenging for both the patient and the medical team. NeoGraft’s automated precision can reduce this time by half, with some procedures taking as little as two hours.
What to Expect After Your NeoGraft
You will be able to return home after your hair transplant procedure. Since it is a non-surgical hair restoration treatment, you will not be troubled by many of the after-effects that come with a surgical procedure and general anesthesia.
You will be given a list of post-procedure instructions that will promote healing and contribute to the best possible outcome of your hair restoration. When patients follow instructions, the most common complaints following NeoGraft hair restoration are
- Post-operative swelling
- Post-operative bruising
- Scaly, itchy scalp
These reactions are typical and generally disappear within 7 days. Most patients return to their normal activities immediately.
How Long Before a Hair Transplant Works?
Things may get worse before they get better, which is normal. In the first months following hair restoration with NeoGraft, some or all of the transplanted hairs fall out, this is also normal – the transplanted hair follicles are still alive and healthy and will start to grown again soon.
Newly transplanted hair will begin to grow in 2-3 months. In six months, it will be long enough to be groomed and in a year, it will be fully grown.
The #1 Question About Non-Surgical Hair Transplants: Does It Really Grow?
The short answer is: YES! When performed correctly, hair transplanted with NeoGraft should continue to grow the rest of your life, just like it did in the donor area. This is the amazing thing about hair transplantation; the hair will live in the new location as long as it would have in its original location.
Men and women with thinning hair, receding hair lines and other hair loss problems are pleased that Solano Plastic Surgery offers continuing maintenance. This is particularly important for people whose balding pattern is age-related.
Is NeoGraft Safe?
Follicular Unit Extraction performed with the NeoGraft system is the most advanced technique for transplanting hair, in both results and safety.
Complications are highly unlikely, but should be noted:
- Permanent numbness
- Hypertrophic scarring (both donor and recipient area)
- Keloid scarring (both donor and recipient area)
The Cost of Non-Surgical Hair Restoration with NeoGraft
The men and women who visit our practice suffer from varying degrees of baldness and thinning hair. As a result, there is no such thing as a standard price for hair restoration. The cost of FUE hair restoration with NeoGraft is based on the number of hairs/grafts that are harvested and placed.
If you would like to know more about non-surgical hair restoration, please contact Solano Plastic Surgery on (707) 448 3436 or send us an email to schedule a visit to our friendly, welcoming practice.